1) Don't be a jerk. Flaming and trolling are strictly prohibited. Flaming refers to any incendiary or malicious attack on another person. Trolling is posting deliberately provocative material with intent to incite hostile action. Posts that violate these rules will be subject to deletion, and it doesn't take many of these types of posts to get a permanent ban. It is alright to challenge a person's argument, but make sure you do just that. Challenge the argument, not the person, and do so in a civil manner.
2) Use of curse words is prohibited. We do have a censor that will delete most curse words. With that said, evading the censor by replacing letters with symbols, swapping letters, etc. is prohibited and will be infracted as such. The only exception is that you may replace all letters in the word with asterisks as self-censorship. If 'read' were a censored word, 'raed', 'reead', 're@d', and 'r***' would be infractable. "####s" or "****ing" are acceptable.
3) Please use proper spelling and grammar. It makes things much easier to read, and therefore, easier to respond to.
4) Please keep posts on-topic. If you want to discuss a deck or concept completely unrelated to the current thread, start another thread. With that said, please don't create new topics if a thread already covers your idea. At the very least, check the threads on the first page of the forum to make sure your deck wouldn't fall under one of those archetypes.
5) Spamming and advertisements are strictly prohibited. This is an auto-bannable offense.
6) Double posting is prohibited. If you have more to add to your post, use the edit function located at the bottom of the post to modify it appropriately. We do understand that occasional double-posting happens by accident; please blank your double post and it will be deleted by the mod staff.
6b) Occasionally, a person may want to 'bump' their (or another person's) thread to stimulate discussion by adding an additional post, double posting in the process. This will be allowed only if you have substantial new information, such as a tournament result, new sideboard strategies, deck techs, etc. to contribute to the discussion
i) The thread you're bumping has been inactive for at least 1 day (24 hours).
ii) The thread you're bumping is no longer on the first page of the forum.
7) Please do not engage in necroposting on the forum. Necroposting (also known as necroing, Necromancy, gravedigging, etc.) refers to bumping an old archived thread to the top of the forum. Please do not post in threads no longer on the first or second page of forum if one of the following conditions are met:
a) At least one month (30 days) has passed since the most recent post in that thread.
b) A new set has come out since the most recent post.
If these conditions are satisfied, please start a new thread if you want to discuss the archetype further, but check the stickies and official threads before doing so. Please allow dead threads to rest in peace.
8) If you feel that a post has broken one or more rules, please use the report post button to bring it to the attention of a moderator. Please do not make posts for the sole purpose of telling other users that they have broken the rules. Such posts will be treated as spam and infracted accordingly.
9) When posting a decklist or asking questions in the Rules Q&A forum, please use the full name of the card or cards listed, not abbreviations or other shorthand. (Example: Urabrask the Hidden, not Urabrask) This avoids potential miscommunication and ambiguities (Garruk could be either Garruk Relentless or Garruk, Primal Hunter) and also lets the site parse a link to pop-up a display of the card image, making it easier for people to read card text and offer suggestions or explain rulings.
10) The use of bold blue and bold red text are reserved for official moderator use. Blue text will be used for minor offenses, such as double posts, locking threads that aren't needed anymore, and issuing warnings. Red text will be used for serious violations, such as trolling, flaming, and otherwise issuing infractions. Links to other sites, which are automatically made blue by internal coding, are not a violation of this rule. Use of bold red and bold blue by non-moderators is grounds for infractions.
11) Links to offensive, obscene, or malicious content are forbidden. For particularly serious cases that could be reasonably interpreted to be violations of US and International Law, you will be immediately banned and the authorities may be contacted as appropriate. We want to keep this site work-safe at a level slightly more permissive than what would get a 'PG' rating. Use common sense and appropriate discretion.
12) Reasonable requests made by the moderator staff should be obeyed. With that said, the moderator staff will consider civil and reasonable arguments and suggestions as well. If you believe that the moderator in question has made an unfair or otherwise unreasonable request, you may appeal that decision to another moderator through PM - not in the thread in question and certainly not by making a public complaint thread. The moderating team will consider a reasonable, clear request - we make mistakes sometimes and request the same respect we try to give to each member. In accordance with the above, flaming or insulting the moderator staff will lead to appropriate punishment and will result in your appeal being swiftly denied.
12b) In accordance with the above, if a moderator edits your post, don't edit it back. Doing so will result in an infraction.
In addition to the above, each subforum may have additional procedures and rules. Read and understand them before posting.
While these rules are intended to cover most circumstances, do not use omissions or contradictions in the rules as an excuse for foul behavior. The moderator staff reserves full right to infract flagrant violations that may not be specifically covered in these rules, and create a new rule to justify the infraction. This will be used only under extraordinary circumstances.
In addition, the contents of this document may change at any time. An official announcement will be made to address all changes that are made.
Any further questions can be asked via PM's to one of the moderator staff. The current active moderators are Benobi, Camper11, Shadow_Seraph and Vger.